Subject: Re: New scsi driver & Fujitsu M2512 MO drive
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Hauke Fath <bg5@aixterm1.urz.uni-heidelberg.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/16/1995 01:45:59
Boy, you _are_ quick in replying!

>> >I suggest trying an "#if 0" block around the if statement comprising
>> >lines 426-435 in mac68k5380.c.
>> Well, I've tried, and it did not exactly help...
>> The kernel dropped into single user because it could not start /bin/sh -
>> nor could I. csh came up, though; enough to do a reboot.
>
>Ahem...  That shouldn't affect anything that drastically...
>Did you also update anything else at the same time?  The
>ncr5380.c also appears to have a problem.  I need to look
>into that, too, but that manifested on my system as a
>lockup at boot time with the access light solid--before
>we get to the 'press return for /bin/sh'.

I don't think so. In fact, after I switched the #if 0 to #if 1 and
recompiled, the resulting kernel ran as fine as before. (save the MO
stuff...;-)

The sup only affected /bin sources and docs. I ^c'ed it when I saw what was
going on. My kernel sources are still of ~05 October.

        hauke

{
   hauke fath                     "It's never straight up and down"
   saw@sun0.urz.uni-heidelberg.de                            (DEVO)
}