Subject: Re: System Hang.
To: None <kevin@spef.syr.ge.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/12/1995 23:22:32
> command used: zcat /mnt/comp.tar.gz | tar xvf -
> results:      Got ~ 75% done and hung with disk access light on.
> Trace:        Debugger, nmihand, lev7intr, lev2intr, sync, syscall, trap0
>                (I have the numbers if there of any help.)

I'd be interested to know if this happens with the current drivers.
When Steve can get a new kernel and binary set built and put up for
ftp (probably before me...), please give the kernel a try (your binaries
shouldn't affect the SCSI driver ;-).

> 1) Which partion types should be recognized?
>     obviously:
>        root [& usr]  as sd?a
>        swap          as sd?b
>        disk          as sd?c
>        usr           as sd?g

The rest of a-h are assigned in the order that they're seen (not
counting the driver partitions).  Unfortunately, only the first
few partitions on a disk are seen.

>      Now to get around this ufs type 2 inode structure thing I'd like
>      to make another partion  XXXXX   as sd?h  for instance.  Will this
>      work with either the MacOS install utility and/or the bsd68k?

Depends for the install utility on the partition type.  NetBSD should
try to newfs it no matter what the partition 'type' is.  I don't think
it checks the type.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the "proper" A/UX
values are for partition type info.  The disklabel command should help
you in your search, though...  ;-)

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **