Subject: Re: Remap Mouse-Buttons in X
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/12/1995 13:55:33
I have an Apple extended keyboard, with control and option keys on both
sides, and it has exactly the same problem, only the left hand keys work in
X and I need to use both hands. I can usually persuade my son to operate
the mouse for me, but he demands to be paid and the cost of this is
reducing the value of a free operating system. I might have to go to
MachTen :-(

Brad

>Thanks to John Wittkoski, I got ADB and X running on my LCIII. Unfortunately,
>I don't have the extended Keyboard, but a smaller one (no seperate arrow
>keys block). This keyboard has only an alternate key on the left side.
>This means, that I have to use both hands for pressing 'alt' and 'left arrow'
>to emulate the middle mouse button. I have then to move the mouse with
>my chin (which is not very comfortable :-).
>I looked in the mailinglist and FAQ, but couldn't find a hint how to
>change this mapping (can it be done with xmodmap, or is it compiled
>into the X-Server?). Thanks for any hint!
>
>                                        Peter

Stephen B. "Brad" Salai                       bsalai@cyber1.servtech.com
Cumpston & Shaw                               Office (716) 325-5553
Two State Street                              Home   (716) 377-4624
Rochester, NY 14614