Subject: Re: Which AU/X partions are recognized?
To: None <nunezp@cc.tacom.army.mil>
From: None <kevin@spef.syr.ge.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/11/1995 10:15:32
Patrick,

  I used a patched version of Apple's Hard Disk Set-up which allowed it
to recognize the EZ135 disk.  (By now you probably realize how limited
silverlining lite is in the area of partioning.)

Steps

1) I created a minimum MacOS partion on the disk (2 Megs and is an option from
the top level partion dialog).  I use this for booting
into MacBSD.  There is enough room for a minimal 7.0.1 System folder + Mode32
+ monitor control pannel + Memory CP + Start-up Device CP + Booter ....
( IMHO this makes things a lot cleaner and on top of that Mode32 conflicts
with one of my other inits so I would have to reconfigure and reboot any way.)

2) Then go into custom from the partion dialog.  Create your MacBSD partions
by selecting (dragging through) part of the free area.  It will then ask
for an exact size in K and a partion type.

3) Once you have all your partions set mount and initialize the disk.

Hope this helps.

Kevin
kevin@spef.syr.ge.com