Subject: talk/ytalk strangeness
To: None <port-mac68K@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Sweda <sweda@us.itd.umich.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/11/1995 08:26:33
Well I've hacked and hacked and hacked, but I can't get ytalk to
work correctly.  I can ytalk to my machine from a Sun Sparc running
Solaris 2.4, I can't ytalk between users on my machine at all, or
to/from a Sun running SunOS 4.1.4.  Here's what I'm currently doing:

I'm currently using ntalkd version 8.1 (Berkeley).  I've tried tinkering
with /etc/services and /etc/inted.conf, adding support for talk on
port 517, but it doesn't seem to help at all.

Has anyone gotten cross-platform talk to work at all?  Is anyone
using ytalk?

any help/advice/explanations would be greatly appreciated

Sean
(Mac IIci, 32MB RAM, kernel compiled from src 9/19)

Sean Sweda                        :           ITD User Services Consultant
sweda@us.itd.umich.edu            :      UM Student Publications LAN Admin
http://www.umich.edu/~sweda       :
     PowerTalk email:             :            Owner, Motor City Marauders
sean.sweda@aoce2.itd.umich.edu    :   1994 Internet Baseball League Champs