Subject: Re: creating a/ux partitions on prepartitioned drives
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: William Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1995 20:12:31
I believe that a utility such as LaCie's Silverlining will add an A/UX
partition (since that's what I did to my own disk).  You simply have to
optimize your hard drive first so that all of the free space is
contiguous and then repartition it (otherwise you may lose data in your
mac partitions when you repetition the drive).  Just remember, currently
I don't think that NetBSD/mac68k supports having more than like 8 total
partitions on the drive, including those partitions that exist on the
drive by default (like the disk directory and the free space partition
and whatever else is sitting in that small segment on the outside edge of
the disk).

Later.