Subject: Re: Clock slowdown
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Walter Ruetten <walter@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/23/1995 10:49:28
At least on the MacIIvi (but I suppose on all machines that use the
Egret chip) there is a  one second timer tick  which comes directly from
the RTC (see macrom.c).
I would think that it much more unlikely to loose the 1 second tick than
loosing the 1/60 second ticks because interrupts wont be disabled for
that long, I hope.

Can anyone think of an idea to combine both ticks so that we still have
a good resolution but don't loose ticks?

  Ciao
    Walter
--
EMail: walter@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de   | SnailMail: Walter Ruetten