Subject: Who has the Sun3
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Frederick Kaplan <sfkaplan@cs.utexas.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/22/1995 00:42:37
One of the responses to my Mosaic compilations problems came from
someone who said that he had Motif for NetBSD/Sun3.  If I recall, this
person also offered to attempt compiling Mosaic, which would likely
result in an executable for Amiga/Mac/Sun3.

Well, the Amiga compilation seems to have some nasty problems running
on NetBSD/Mac, and Ken Nakata has informed me that the folks in Japan
who did an m68k compilation of Mosaic have taken their site down.  (I
guess this person recommended to Ken that we all try the Amiga
Mosaic!)

So, I am hoping that the person with the Sun 3 Motif capabilities is
out there, still reading the Mac port list.  If so, I'd like to do my
best to persuade you to attempt a compilation of Mosaic.  I, for one,
would greatly appreciate the effort.  It's nice that Chimera exists,
but it really isn't very polished (nor fast!)...real Mosaic would be
great.

Thanks!

Scott Kaplan
sfkaplan@cs.utexas.edu