Subject: Re: Mosaic?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David C. Myers <myers@acec.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/20/1995 09:34:14
>        I also have a NetBSD/sun3 machine which will compile up exactly
>        the same (with the exception of libkvm which motif doesnt use)
>        binaries as NetBSD/mac68k...

A 68K version of Mosaic is available from the NetBSD/Amiga people, at
ftp.uni-regensburg.de.  It has a few cosmetic problems; namely, the
well-known 'a' key bug shows up, it complains about a few keymappings not
being available (maybe keys unique to the Amiga?), and it takes a hell of a
long time to launch.  But it does work.

A version of CERN's arena browser is also there.  It launches quite a bit
faster, but has its own annoying problem: you can't hold down the mouse key
on the scrollbar.  You have to click the mouse each time to scroll down a
line.

-David.

David C. Myers                                            myers@acec.com
Sales Engineer