Subject: a couple questions
To: None <port-mac68K@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Sweda <sweda@us.itd.umich.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/20/1995 05:19:37
#1) I'm running gated, and when I try to listen to RIP broadcasts
I get this error message:

>Sep 20 01:27:29 marauders gated[79]: rip_init: UDP checksums *DISABLED*
>in kernel; RIP disabled

why are UDP checksums disabled, to limit overhead on slip/ppp connections?
is there a reason why I shouldn't enable them, and what kernel source
file do I need to modify to do this?

#2) what text-to-postscript tool can I ftp and compile, so that I can
print to my laserwriter?  suggestions as to where and what would be
greatly appreciated

#3) has anyone successfully compiled pine?  for some reason it won't
read its config files, .pine-debug is telling me this:

>reading_pinerc "/usr/local/lib/pine.conf"
>Open failed: Undefined error: 0
>reading_pinerc "/home/sweda/.pinerc"
>Open failed: Undefined error: 0

even though the file exists, it keeps failing to read and then
over-writing the files;  my feeling is that there is something wrong
netbsd's open command (defined in sys/fcntl.h) -- any other
ideas?

FYI - I've installed CAP using native EtherTalk on my machine,
for anyone who's curious about the installation/effects/etc.

Sean

Sean Sweda                        :           ITD User Services Consultant
sweda@us.itd.umich.edu            :      UM Student Publications LAN Admin
http://www.umich.edu/~sweda       :
     PowerTalk email:             :           Motor City Marauders (53-79)
sean.sweda@aoce2.itd.umich.edu    :   1994 Internet Baseball League Champs