Subject: Installer: word to the unwise/uninitiated
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: William F. Hostman <aswfh@acad2.alaska.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/19/1995 23:30:54
when installing kernels, I decided to check and see if the newest one had
been imported (it hadn't), but I did notice that I had four extant kernels;
one labeled netbsd, and the others having a date stamp following. I had not
changed the kernel name in the booter... so it was only booting the first
of these.

it's an easy enough problem to solve if you know how to use ls, cp, and rm.
Since all of these are functional in the installer's mini-shell, it pays to
check your ./ directory before exiting the installer.

-Wil

William F. Hostman

EMail:          ASWFH@Orion.Alaska.EDU
HomePage:      down due to access problems.

"History is the story of the life of societies; geography is the study of
what they evolved in."