Subject: netbsd.082495 failed booting on SE/30
To: None <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
From: Haru Mizuno <mizu@cs3.cs.oki.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/19/1995 22:22:17
Hi,

Ken Nakata wrote:
>>>  > >What version of Mode32?  Check the memory control panel for 32-bit
>>>  >
>>>  > The version is 1.2.
>>>
>>> As far as I experienced, older MODE32 (sorry, I don't have the version
>>> number at hand) didn't work with NetBSD/mac68k.  I, personally, recommend
>>> you to use MODE32-7.5 instead, even though your system is not System7.5.
>>
>>This contradicts with my experience.  I'm using US System 7.1 and
>>never bothered to upgrade my MODE32 to 7.5.  Yet I've never
>>experienced any weird boot problems except for the "too many nubus"
>>panic when I forgot to turn on MODE32 ;-)  Perhaps, it's a KanjiTalk
>>specific problem?

Yoshihisa wrote me that his attempt to boot with MODE32-7.5 failed and
that the situation was just the same.  Forget my comment on MODE32,
please.  Ken, thank you for correcting me.  And thanks for the quick
check, Yoshihisa.  I'm sorry for any inconvenience my comment may incur.

						Happy hacking,
						-- Haru Mizuno