Subject: Re: still video prob with A3 Display
To: tinusz nijmeijers <tinusz@xs4all.nl>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/16/1995 13:39:10
> Can anyone please tell what to do ?

Get a newer kernel.  I hope to have one put up for testing later today...

> ( I know jackshit about this, but is it not the booter (1.8) that makes
> the mistake here in thinking it is a 640 x 870 display ? )

Nope.  The nubus code in the kernel searches for the video devices
by probing the cards.  With booter 1.8, though, there is a structure
that the booter fills out with display info.  The updated kernel
driver reads this structure and should be getting the proper video
mode off the board correctly.  I.e., it should give the correct
display dimensions at boot time.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **