Subject: Re: Is IIcx compatible with new MRG kernels ?
To: Doug Scoular <doug@arch.su.edu.au>
From: Steven T. More <more@oswego.Oswego.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/14/1995 11:40:53
On Thu, 14 Sep 1995, Doug Scoular wrote:

> 	My other question is on partitioning... I've got a 2.1Gb disk with
> 	a 100Mb Root & Usr as /dev/sd0a. This boots and works fine, I used
> 	APS to create it. Now I want to add another partition, so I used
> 	APS and created a new AUX partition (after swap). MkFS puts a
> 	new filesystem on this no probs... but when I try to access it
> 	with fsck or mount I get nothing... I've tryed just about every
> 	combination of sd0[a-h] ... any pearls of wisdom ?

	I tried to use the latest version of APS to partition my drive
but BSD would not recognize anything but the first three partitions.
What I did was use Apple's HDSC Setup (More Customizing) to partion the
drive. Before I could do that I downloaded a patch from umich that
allowed HDSC to recognize other drives than what came with the machine.
Now I can see all my partions! (Although APS maybe easier to use, it is less
configuable).

Hope this helps.
                  \|/
                 (o o)
|       Steve More          |You can make no mistakes  |
|     more@oswego.edu       |     and still lose       |
|      315-341-4537         |        That's life.      |
|http://www.oswego.edu/~more|          Jean-Luc Picard |