Subject: Is IIcx compatible with new MRG kernels ?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Doug Scoular <doug@arch.su.EDU.AU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/14/1995 13:04:04
Hi All,
	Just a quick question or two... I've installed the latest (~July 95)
	mac68k base et al... but find I can only run the ancient version 1.0
	original kernel on my 20Mb IIcx, this means that I've effectively
	got a one button mouse under X. The question is... should the
	newer kernels work on my ancient IIcx (like the GENERIC_40 or
	the one found with the July lot) ?

	My other question is on partitioning... I've got a 2.1Gb disk with
	a 100Mb Root & Usr as /dev/sd0a. This boots and works fine, I used
	APS to create it. Now I want to add another partition, so I used
	APS and created a new AUX partition (after swap). MkFS puts a
	new filesystem on this no probs... but when I try to access it
	with fsck or mount I get nothing... I've tryed just about every
	combination of sd0[a-h] ... any pearls of wisdom ?

	P.S. I am totally blown away by how good mac68k NetBSD is... I've
	     been managing UNIX boxes for over 9 years and this has to
	     be one of the sexiest! Role on a colour X server (is one due?).
--

	Doug Scoular		"The big print giveth and the
	Systems Manager		 small print taketh away"

	E-mail:	doug@arch.su.EDU.AU		Tel: +61 2 351 4898
	WWW:	http://www.arch.su.EDU.AU/~doug	Fax: +61 2 351 3031
	Postal:	Key Centre of Design Computing
		Univ. of Sydney, Rm292, Wilkinson Blding, 148 City Road
		Sydney NSW 2006, Australia