Subject: Re: problems with IIsi -current
To: None <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/13/1995 21:36:49
> > I am trying to get a -current running on a IIsi with 8(9) M RAM. I got a
> > kernel from ftp.eskimo.com on 9/5 and when booting it crashes into the
> > debugger right after:
> >    Pram time did not appear to be set correctly.
> >    Pram: (big hex number), macos_boottime (big hex number)
>
> My problem went away when I turned on Auto-Ram sizing. Having the memory
> set to 1 meg less than real BREAKS the current kernels, on my IIsi.
>
> If, however, you already have Auto-Ram sizing on, I'll sit down &
> shut up. :-)

No, Bill, you are correct! I had kept auto-size-ram turned _off_ for many
months now, since it always broken the older kernels I was using. Now it only
works with auto-size-ram turned _on_.

Thanks,

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504