Subject: Re: Kernel for a color classic?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: William F. Hostman <aswfh@acad2.alaska.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1995 18:18:24
>From:     wormey@ESKIMO.COM
>
>On Sep 10,  6:32am, William F. Hostman wrote:
>>>From:     wormey@ESKIMO.COM
>>>Have you set 32-bit mode in the Memory control panel?
>>
>>Yes, I never set it for anything else...
>
>Hmmm.  This is a Mac II, FDHD upgrade, right?  (My poor memory, plus the
>fact that I don't archive mail, comes back to bite me again. ;-)  And
>what card(s) did you have?
>
>If you have Sys 7.5(.1), it has Extension Manager built in; you can turn
>off all extensions easily with it, then leave Mode32 on...

It's not a mac II; it is an 030, built in color, all in one mac. Basically
it's an LCIII in a case with a monitor. It DOES have the FDHD drive.

It requires a minimum of sys 7.1.0; I am currently running 7.5.0.

The extensions currently loading are MacTCP, MacPPP, MountCache (from
Drive7), and the CDEVs from sys 7.5.0

-Wil

William F. Hostman

EMail:          ASWFH@Orion.Alaska.EDU
HomePage:       http://orion.alaska.edu/~aswfh/home.html

"History is the story of the life of societies; geography is the study of
what they evolved in."