Subject: Re: P600 w/ Asante 10-Base-T/Thick LAN Card & desktop
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Derrick Hutchinson <derrick1@tribeca.ios.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1995 19:37:33
At 6:20 PM 9/10/95, Allen Briggs wrote:
>*sigh*  The hope was that this option would turn off the video
>interrupts and so the video card would no longer be generating
>them and wedging the system like this.  I suppose we'll have to
>find another solution...  I have a couple of ideas that _might_
>work.  I'll see about trying them...

Just to provide you with a little more info (it seems as though you already
know what the problem is):
        I tried removing the Radius 8X video card from the machine and just
booting with the Asante MacCon-I (DP83902AVLJ) and it hung at ae0 at
nubus0:...
        I put back in the Radius 8X and took out the Asante and it boots
fine (of course).

I would just like to thank everyone for being patient with my incompetance.
dt works fine (proper keyboard layout) after I commented out the FINNISH
keyboard layout in config.h.  One slight bug (I believe) is that I also
changed the default number of virtual terminals from 3 to 9, but it would
still only start up with 3--or per chance must I delete some other file
first before doing a make?

Derrick Hutchinson