Subject: Re: P600 @ Asante 10-Base-T/Thick LAN Card
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Urlichs <urlichs@noris.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/09/1995 23:11:44
Hi,

>Basically, the problem is that the video card generates VBL interrupts,
>but the kernel doesn't know what to do with these except on a couple
>of old Apple cards.  The interrupts are therefore only enabled when
>there is an ethernet card in the machine (all nubus interrupts are on
>one wired-OR interrupt line to VIA2/RBV).

In an ideal world, closing the card's driver should disable the interrupts,
and booter should close all drivers. (Does it? I don't have the sources at
hand.)

Whether the driver actually does disable its interrupt is anybody's guess.

--
Matthias Urlichs        \ XLink-POP Nürnberg  | EMail: urlichs@smurf.noris.de
Schleiermacherstraße 12  \  Unix+Linux+Mac    | Phone: ...please use email.