Subject: Re: dt and Finnish? keyboard
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Derrick Hutchinson <derrick1@tribeca.ios.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/09/1995 12:12:39
At 8:55 AM 9/8/95, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>Try running clear before running X. This doesn't solve the fact the
>characters souldn't get printed, but at least they won't mess up the
>screen.
>
>Hmmm. The "problem" is that Valtteri, the dt port keeper, is Finnish.
>Thus the default dt comes set up for the Finnish keyboard. Go into
>config.h and comment out #define FI_LAYOUT. rm kbd.o & make. :-)
>
>I don't understand why the problem followed you. Hmmm

I checked the config.h and the define FI_LAYOUT was already pounded out.
kbd.o was not existent either in the /usr/dt-1.1.2 directory, so I renamed
dt to preserve the old copy and did a make.  The keys are still all screwy.
Here is a list of the actual keys (KEY), what I get when I type both
unshifted (USHFT) and shifted (SHFTD) on my Apple Extended Keyboard II:

KEY     USHFT   SHFTD
`       <       >
1               "
6               &
7               /
8               (
9               )
0               =
-       +       ?
=       @       `
[       a       A       (w/ o and ^ respectively above them)
;       0       O       (w/ the derisys? ".." above them)
'       a       A       (w/ the derisys? ".." above them)

Any other suggestions, gentlemen?

Derrick Hutchinson