Subject: Re: P600--SLIP routing / Radius 8X & TPD19 / X / dt / trackball
To: Derrick Hutchinson <derrick1@tribeca.ios.com>
From: noud de brouwer <noud@knot.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/08/1995 18:26:32
>Here is what the working routing table looks like when I did a netstat -r:
>
>Internet:
>
>Destination    Gateway     Flags Refs Use Interface
>default        performa600 UGS   0    0   sl0
>localhost      localhost   UH    2    24  lo0
>performa600    localhost   UGHS  1    0   lo0
>220.112.21.255 performa600 UH    1    1   sl0
>

>XNS:
>
>Destination Gateway Flags Refs Use Interface
>
>It would seem to me that the first two routes are needed, the first one
>to locate all other networks, and the second one to establish internal
>TCP/IP communications for the PC.  The third one seems unnecessary
>because the second one tells your machine how to talk to itself and the
>fourth one for broadcast I just don't think I've ever seen before.
>
>Any revelations whould be appreciated to shed some light on this...

gateway# netstat -r
Routing tables

Internet:
Destination      Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use  Interface
default          bd99.NL.net        UG          1    24100  ppp0
localhost        localhost          UH          1      264  lo0
193.78.85        link#1             UC          0        0  ae0
Gateway.KnoT.nl  localhost          UGHS        1       24  lo0
bd99.NL.net      Gateway.KnoT.nl    UH          1        2  ppp0

XNS:
Destination      Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use  Interface

Some thoughts:

Don't use /etc/hostname.sl0 or leave the broadcast out.
And in /etc/netstart: timed_flags=NO to stop causing a broadcast in routed
And in /etc/mygate: 220.112.22.77
And route add 220.112.22.77 performa600 ?? or does SLIP do that?

No need to fill in the /etc/networks: tribeca.ios.com 220.112.22.0?
~n