Subject: NetBSD locking up
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Russell D Albright <ralbrig@hubcap.clemson.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/07/1995 13:57:17
I am having a lot of trouble getting NetBSD up and running on
my system. I have a SE/30 with 20meg, an internal 170 meg and
an external 730 (which I have partitioned and installed NetBSD on).
In addition I have the XCEED color 30HR card driving a sony 15".
Originally, I was having trouble getting NetBSD up because of my mouse,
a logitech mouseman which is 4 years old. Thanks to Kenn I have
found out that not all mousemen are created equal. And mine doesn't
work with the kernals for NetBSD.

	At any rate, I have borrowed an official apple mouse and here
is the scenario. When I boot everything appears to go smoothly. When
booting is completed the system asks me

	"Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for Sh."

If I hit RETURN the system asks for terminal type. If I respond with 'mac' or
'vt100' I get the prompt '#' and it appears that everything is ok. If
I then type 'exit' from the # prompt, I get the login prompt and several
messages and then the line "Welcome to NetBSD" and a  "myname#  prompt.
Not long thereafter the system will hang at on of the "myname#" prompts.

I have tryed several   different kernals and the same thing happens
each time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Russ