Subject: Re: Serial Console Woes
To: noud de brouwer <noud@knot.nl>
From: None <sparta@imsa.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/07/1995 09:19:22
noud de brouwer uttered these words in the midst of the great quest on the net:

> >It then appears to freeze totally.
>
> You don't even hear your disk spinning?
> It's on the correct bautrate, 9600?
> No newline/return conflicts on the box?
> ~n

No, the Disk is most definitely NOT spinning.  The thing bioots
fine under the grf console.  I'm using booter 1.8 on the Generic
25 or so kernel.

I don't think it would be a newline problem since.  I would still
see more text on the terminal just unproperly fomateed.
And, it is set to 9600 8n1 and I can see characters coming in
both directions in Zterm.

When I tried to make the console tty00, the getty
did this horrendous series of control characcters (many, many control G's)
send a login prompt and figured it was login in correct.  I want to
try tty00 as type tty, but I don't think it will help.

Gene

--

Gene Skonicki       sparta@imsa.edu     "Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my
                                         clothes."