Subject: Re: Locating Mac Volumes in the Unix Filesystem...
To: Peter M. Pundy <peterp@strider.andyne.on.ca>
From: Jonathan AH Hogg <jonathan@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/06/1995 21:46:49
On Wed, 6 Sep 1995, Peter M. Pundy wrote:

> 1) Where in the unix file-system do I find Mac Volumes?  Ideally, we need one
>    standard place for this.
>
>     Possible answers:
>                         "Volume1:" --> "/dev/Volume1"
>                - or -   "Volume1:" --> "/Mac/Volume1"

/Volume1

> 2) To what Macintosh path does the unix path "/" map?
>
>     Possible answers:
>                         "/" --> "{BootDisk}:"

{BootDisk}:Desktop Folder

logically it makes sense for / to be the desktop as would be seen when
browsing around the directory structure of a mac using the file open/save
dialog.

:-jonathan

--
Jonathan AH Hogg, Computing Science, The University, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland.
jonathan@dcs.gla.ac.uk http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~jonathan (+44)141 3398855x2069