Subject: LCIII Serial Console success!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Kohler <kohler@ife.ee.ethz.ch>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/06/1995 09:32:22
Hi!

...and another success story for NetBSD-Mac68k! My Setup:

Hardware:

LCIII Clock chipped to 33MHz (which results actually in a Performa 460, but
			      since the Hardware is the same, I guess that
			      it'll work on a standard LCIII too)
20MB  RAM
80MB  HD
External terminal on the modem port (actually a Tadpole Sparc-Notebook :-)

Software:
Booter 1.8
tarballs and kernel from ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/w/wormey (Aug. 20,95)

It is important to change the console entry in /etc/ttys:

...ttye0 off
...tty00 on

if you use serial console, otherwise it will crash going multiuser.
(Allen knows about it and works on a patch)

It seems to run very stable up to now. I was able to compile several
things and install my 120MB optical drive without problem. ADB is
still broken, but there is work going on about that. So no mac keyboard yet.

						Peter

| Peter Kohler                             | Phone:  (-41) 1 632 68 69      |
| Swiss Federal Institute of Technology    |   FAX:  (-41) 1 632 12 10      |
| Electronics Laboratory ETZ H63           |                                |
| Gloriastrasse 35                         | Email:  kohler@ife.ee.ethz.ch  |
| CH-8092 Zurich                           |                                |