Subject: New mrg-kernel fails on LCIII
To: None <walter@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Peter Kohler <kohler@ife.ee.ethz.ch>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/04/1995 22:23:25
Hi!

I just tried the new mrg-kernel on a LCIII, clock chipped to 33MHz
(which is equal to a Performa 430), 20MB Ram, 80MB IBM HD. Here the
boot messages:

NetBSD 1.0A (ISLINGTON) #79 ....
Apple Macintosh Performa 430 (68030)
real mem = 20971520
avail mem = 17489920
using 204 buffers containing 835584 bytes of memory
mrg: 'Mac Classic II ROMs' rom glue, tracing off, debug off, silent traps
adb: bus subsystem
Got following HwCfgFlags: 0xfc00, 0x    773f, 0x21400126
setup-egret:
setup-egret: back
trap type 1, code=a24d, v=42a75e13
kernel: Address error trap
pid=0, pc=0x01b0a836, ps=0x00002000, sfc=0x00000001, dfc=0x00000001

Then follows a dump of the registers (please ask me if you need them,
I'll have to write them down by hand...)

Using serial console, the LCIII boots into single user mode. There is
still a problem with multiuser however (see my other posting).

				Peter

PS, I am willing to help to get it running on the LCIII. I already have
a little experience in C programming and have written device-drivers for
sun-os. I have however not the faintest know-how about adb programming :-(
Please let me know, if I can do something.

| Peter Kohler                             | Phone:  (-41) 1 632 68 69      |
| Swiss Federal Institute of Technology    |   FAX:  (-41) 1 632 12 10      |
| Electronics Laboratory ETZ H63           |                                |
| Gloriastrasse 35                         | Email:  kohler@ife.ee.ethz.ch  |
| CH-8092 Zurich                           |                                |