Subject: Re: RAM FS
To: Nicholas Mitchell <nick@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/04/1995 01:21:00
> (I realize that the lack of documentation may be a hint not
> to use this feature!)

Jackpot!

Seriously, it's just an image of an mfs.  The plan is to use it
essentially as a boot floppy to get you into the system far enough
to bring the network up and install from within a running NetBSD
system.  This has several advantages and a couple of disadvantages.

I plan to talk some about those after I've worked up the installation
tools a bit more (right now, it's basically a copy of the boot image
for another system).  One of these days...  After I make another stab
at the Quadra SCSI...

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **