Subject: X startup problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Kaplan <sfkaplan@cs.utexas.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/01/1995 17:56:19
Well, I got to trying out the March 11th 1995 version of X, and I seem to
have hit a glitch...In fact, it seems that it should be a glitch that I
should have the brains to fix, but so far, I'm falling short.

Everything seems to have installed smoothly.  But when I do startx, I get:

ld.so: xinit: no such file libXmu.so.6.0

After very little poking around, it's obvious that it looks for this file
in /usr/lib (and maybe also /usr/local/lib), but it doesn't try to look in
/usr/X11R6/lib.  How can I make it do this?  I looked around for some
environment variable to set, but couldn't figure anything out.

Thanks...

Scott