Subject: Weird instabilities
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/01/1995 15:45:28
Hi all--

My machine (IIcx, 20M RAM) has recently become quite unstable.
For about the past 2 days, it won't stay up for more than about
a half hour to an hour.  When it crashes, it simply locks up;
nothing wakes it except hitting the debugger switch.  At that
point, I can do a "call sync" and it seems to do the right thing;
however, if I tell it to "call reboot" it runs into memory address
problems, and a continue will just re-hang it.  When I reboot it
after one of these hangs, it frequently complains that it can't
initialize ae0 because it can't clear shared memory; could this
be a clue?

How can I get a backtrace (or other useful information) from the
debugger?

TIA.

					Chris