Subject: Re: NetBSD RAMDISK kernel booting to single user mode on MVME197LE/SP
To: None <port-m88k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim McIntosh <tmcintos@avalon.net>
List: port-m88k
Date: 09/12/2007 11:59:55
[ Resent from a bounce due to html content ]

On Sep 12, 2007, at 1:58 AM, Matt Thomas wrote:
> On Sep 11, 2007, at 10:40 PM, Tim McIntosh wrote:
>
>> In my spare time I have been playing with porting NetBSD 3.0.x to
>> the mvme88k platform.  The port is based on the OpenBSD m88k port
>> and the NetBSD mvme68k port.  In contrast to OpenBSD, it uses the
>> System V ABI and ELF.
>
> Excellent.  I need to power my MVME197 and give these a shot.

It may take quite a while to download all the source code from my
machine.  I will post a tftpboot.bin and kernel image when I get a
chance.

> Any chance of using a more current NetBSD?  Like 4.0 or -current?

That is my ultimate goal, but I thought it would be easier to work
against a stable NetBSD baseline until I got something working.  As I
mentioned, I haven't had as much time to work on this in the last
year, so I haven't found the time to work on catching up with 4.0 or -
current.  Switching to GCC4 may be difficult, if that is required.