Subject: NetBSD RAMDISK kernel booting to single user mode on MVME197LE/SP
To: None <port-m88k@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim McIntosh <tmcintos@avalon.net>
List: port-m88k
Date: 09/12/2007 00:40:41
In case anyone else is interested in this -

In my spare time I have been playing with porting NetBSD 3.0.x to the
mvme88k platform.  The port is based on the OpenBSD m88k port and the
NetBSD mvme68k port.  In contrast to OpenBSD, it uses the System V
ABI and ELF.

I was making pretty good progress up until last October, when I got
stuck on a bug that causes a kernel panic when a nontrivial amount of
data is being received over Ethernet.  Since then I haven't had much
time to spend on the project, and I have been falling behind with
respect to tracking the latest OpenBSD & NetBSD updates.  It has also
been slow going since I have not been able to acquire a set of
manuals for the MC88110.

More details and source code can be found here:

	http://hoth.radiofreeomaha.net:3000/projects/NetBSD

	(Note: I have a dynamic IP address, so the DNS may be out of sync
from time to time.)

I'm looking to buy the following items, if anyone has one that they'd
like to sell:

	- MVME 197DP board
	- MC88110 User's Manual (MC88110UM)
	- MC88410 L2 Cache Controller User's Manual (MC88410UM)
	- MVME 197Bug User's Manual (MVME197BUG)
	- MVME 197* Single Board Computers Programmer's Reference Guide
(MVME197PG)

Thanks!
-Tim