Subject: early patch for elf enabling binutils-2.15 for m88k
To: None <port-m88k@NetBSD.org>
From: Maki <mk2s@digitalcommute.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 03/14/2005 01:20:29
I've reached a small milestone of being able to link an elf binary on
my intel box and run the resulting elf file on my SysV/88 box.  I
compiled hello.c on SysV/88 and linked with libc.a and crt0.o from the
SysV/88 on my intel box.

This is still quite rough, but I plan to continue working on this after
a short break.  This version only does static linking and only deals
with the following RELOCs: R_88K_16L, R_88K_16H, R_88K_DISP26, and
R_88K_32(which are most of what's generated from a static elf file)

The patch is here:
http://www.m88k.org/Members/mk2s/binutils-2.15-m88kelf-
mk2s20050314.patch/view

I'm still figuring out binutils(after months) and don't quite know what
the right way to do a lot of things are.  For instance with the above
patch you will need to go into bfd/ and "make headers".  Am I supposed
to do this before the patch?  If anyone knows, please let me know.

Comments and feedback would be appreciated.  I'm going to go tinker
with my NCD 88k, but after that I'm thinking of challenging gcc
(dynamic linking is just not interesting without a c complier) and ld
concurrently.

http://www.m88k.org