Subject: Re: enabling m88k-elf in binutils
To: Michael Kato <mk2s@digitalcommute.com>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 02/07/2005 12:26:36
At 08:36 PM 2/5/2005, you wrote:
>I have recently been tinkering with my 88k systems and have started to
>poke at binutils 2.15 trying to make it grok elf.  I've tweaked bfd so
>that objdump displays correct relocation entries for a .o file produced on
>my SysV/88k R4V4 box.  I'm about to write the missing pieces for gas to
>output with correct relocation entries.
>
>So far I've only had to implement the relocation types R_88K_16L,
>R_88K_16H, R_88K_DISP16, R_88K_DISP26, and R_88K_32.  (sanity check; dose
>this sound about right?)

Given that the 88K is somewhat similar to the PowerPC, I think that a good
basic set.
Eventually, the relocation for shared libraries will need to be added,
primarily
R_88K_PLT26.  BTW, I'd rename R_88K_DISPxx as R_88K_RELxx.

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/