Subject: Re: GCC 3 work
To: None <port-m88k@NetBSD.org>
From: Miod Vallat <miod@online.fr>
List: port-m88k
Date: 10/26/2004 09:05:28
> > Is anyone actively working on getting GCC working for m88k?
>
> I don't know of anyone.  I think gcc, binutils, or both, have
> desupported m88k.  I'd really like to see m88k/ELF.  I know Miod
> Vallet (?) over in OpenBSD-land has talked about working on that,
> but I don't know where it is on the priority list.  I've long said
> that if someone else takes care of the toolchain, I'll be obligated
> to work on NetBSD, but the toolchain is somewhere so far down on
> my list that I don't think I'll get to it...

I could get 2.95 to be decently reliable, at the expense of switching to
a non-88open compatible ABI. These fixes were not enough to get gcc
3.3 to work, last time I checked; and I have not had much time to resume
work on gcc 3.3.

As for the toolchain, it is still work in progress here, I have a
working a.out toolchain in binutils 2.15 here, but it needs more work
(read: a few hundred loc need to be written) to switch the bfd guts to
an ELF personnality.

Miod