Subject: Antwort: Re: Question concerning DG Aviion Dual 88000
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: None <JKonrad@linotype.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 02/12/2004 07:53:33
Hallo Jochen,

and where could I get a CD with this operating system? Even more import=
ant, how can I access the BIOS of the machine to tell it to boot from C=
D-Rom?

Wiedersehn :-)

Jay

P.S.: I have a documentation here which consists of tons of paper files=
. I am working my way through them, but have not yet found anything hel=
pful. Maybe this stuff would be of use to you guys. It is
a 5500 series.

                                                                       =
                                                                       =
        =20
                      Jochen Kunz                                      =
                                                                       =
        =20
                      <jkunz@unixag-kl.        An:       JKonrad@linoty=
pe.com                                                                 =
        =20
                      fh-kl.de>                Kopie:    port-m88k@NetB=
SD.org                                                                 =
        =20
                                               Thema:    Re: Question c=
oncerning DG Aviion Dual 88000                                         =
        =20
                      11.02.2004 17:35                                 =
                                                                       =
        =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
        =20
                                                                       =
                                                                       =
        =20

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:41:18 +0100
JKonrad@linotype.com wrote:

[DG AVIION AV 5500]
> I want to use it as a file server, i.e. all I need is a BSD that can
> handle a file system and network connections such as telnet and ftp.
> GUI or any other software is not required. Is there a possibility?
Not at the moment. There is no toolchain, documentation of the hardware=

seams to be made out of unobtainium, ...

I sugest to get a copy of DG-UX.
--

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen