Subject: Re: current status?
To: None <port-m88k@netbsd.org>
From: Steven M. Jones <smj@crash.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 02/14/2003 14:36:18
I think I've kept quiet (by botching a post a month or so ago), but
I've assembled sufficient hardware to get OpenBSD running on some
Moto MVME187 and 197LE boards. Step after that would be to try and
bring up NetBSD.

I recall the archive covering the issue of toolchain and/or binary
format changes that has to precede that, though. And I'm a total
novice to that sort of work, so I really wouldn't count on anything
coming from my efforts. But hey, if I got that far I'd proceed to
try for a port to the AViiON AV530 and AV5500.

So I'm interested in trying, in my copious spare time. Any pointers
or references anyone would care to suggest?

FWIW,
--Steve.