Subject: Re: Looking for a port of NetBSD
To: jeff williams <cfiaime@nconnect.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 03/12/2002 11:29:17
On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 09:37:00PM -0600, jeff williams wrote:
> I've recently come upon a stash of Motorola 8120s with the m88k processor.  I
> was wondering the status of the port to the m88k, if there is still work
> being done, a test kernel, or similar.

Work is still planned.  We're aiming for an ELF-based system, and
that requires some toolchain work (gcc and the linker both understand
ELF, but the assembler doesn't!).

OpenBSD does have a port up and running (using COFF, not ELF) on some
of the Motorola hardware (I think the 187, 188, and 197, but I'm not
sure).  I don't know what CPU card the 8120 has...

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...