Subject: DG AViiON
To: None <briggs@ninthwonder.com, port-m88k@netbsd.org>
From: Stepan Kucherenko <sk@nodex.ru>
List: port-m88k
Date: 10/01/2001 16:21:50
Hi ! I'll think i'll have one DG/UX box without OS soon :)
There is a box (5500Series, i think) w/ 64m of RAM, 4 scsi disks and one
  tape.
Don't know what to do with it :)
I want to restore it's filesystem, if it's possible, and OS too.
I hope, that i'll find documentation anywhere in this system :))
If it's not possible..
is any stable port of netbsd for this machine ?

last minute changes :)
i've received some words about this machine.

When booting:
Aviion AV5500H/550H Series Computer
Single processor
Firmware Revision 2.0.0
(c) Data General Corp. 1993-1994
DG/UX System Release 5.4R3.10 Bootstrap

On the back panel:
Model G70612B
Product Type AV5500
Serial 102356-0083-001

Is anyone can help me to boot this machine in DG/UX ?
I need to save data from this machine for one company :)
Then, i suppose, i'll try to help with porting NetBSD on it.
I'll think, it will be...intresting :)

PS: if anyone worked with this system, can you send me mail ?
i hope for your help.