Subject: Re: AViiON machines
To: None <rachel@arthur.avalon.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 08/06/2001 09:59:02
On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 01:23:49PM -0500, rachel@arthur.avalon.net wrote:
>   I have a few 88k, AViiON series 300 machines.  Essentially six or seven
> simmilar models of the desktop 310 I believe.  I have been having a hell
> of a time finding any docs.

I'm not surprised (on the docs).

I would like one or two of the units.  I would be happy to cover
the shipping costs to me (ZIP 24060).  Do they have any disks installed?

>   I haven't done a lot of development work before, so I don't know if I
> could help personally, but I do run almost one of each non-experimental
> ports (I lack an alpha), and several of the experimental ones, so I may be
> able to help test and such.  I dunno.

Cool!  It'll be a bit before there's anything you can test, but it
always helps to have someone else available to bang on the system
once it's kind of running.  Especially if you're willing to invest
some time and energy to help document things and to help get new
users up and running.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...