Subject: AViiON machines
To: None <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: None <rachel@arthur.avalon.net>
List: port-m88k
Date: 08/05/2001 13:23:49
  I have a few 88k, AViiON series 300 machines.  Essentially six or seven
simmilar models of the desktop 310 I believe.  I have been having a hell
of a time finding any docs.

  They seem to take what looks like an AT keyboard, but I have none about
to verify it.  Other than that, it takes a serial mouse in a 9-pin config
simmilar to a Sun, (From a doc I found), and three BNC, synced on green
video.

  I have only the desktops, they have Kingston DG-16000 Ram in them, so 64
megs I am guessing a piece.  THey were used in the medical (nursing/diet?)
section of U Iowa.

  I could donate one or all, They are fairly heavy for being desktops,
flat and all.  They are shaped like a scale you'd weigh yourself on, but
are made of the same metal, and design quality of a DN series apollo, so
they are quite heavy.

  I'd actually like to keep one for the sake of it, hopefully to run an OS
once its working properly.

  Other Data on the machine, it has 4 RAM slots filled, and what looke
like three more blank, but they are on the other side of the board.  They
RAM is set diagonally, somewhat like a PS/2, and these thre eother slots
are facing the other direction.  I really dunno if they are RAM.

  I also have a Single 88100 Processor at 16mhz, and two 88200 Co-Units in
each board.

  The only SCSI seems to be of a three-rowed large connectior (Like on an
older sun/3 or so...)  It has AUI, and two RS232 ports.  One  of which is
also labeled (RS232/RS422).

  I haven't done a lot of development work before, so I don't know if I
could help personally, but I do run almost one of each non-experimental
ports (I lack an alpha), and several of the experimental ones, so I may be
able to help test and such.  I dunno.