Subject: Re: OpenBSD 88k
To: Super Mini/Micro Man <ctribo@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-m88k
Date: 06/06/2001 21:56:20
On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 06:41:40PM -0400, Super Mini/Micro Man wrote:
> > > http://www.openbsd.org/mvme88k.html
>
> 	Well after reading that OpenBSD had support for VME on 88k, I was
> curious as to how much real work needed to be done on a DG 88k VME system
> if OpenBSD already has a compiler and some of the framework. but now I
> feel a little dumb mentioning the OpenBSD page seeing as that it was
> mentioned on the NetBSD ports page and I just didn't see it.

People on this list are certainly aware of where OpenBSD is wrt 88k
support. There's a combination of lack of time, and lack of functional
hardware that prevents various people from doing good things to bring
more 88k support to NetBSD just yet.

Sooner or later, that time or hardware issue will get resolved :-)

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive