Subject: Re: AViiON 88k port.
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 05/08/2001 09:05:33
On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 03:12:59PM -0400, Chris Tribo wrote:
> 	I got a list of the systems we have: three 8500's, one 4120, one
> 310, and one 500.

Nifty.

> 	Here's some interesting info for some opening thoughts:
> / $ size dgux
> size: dgux: Warning - internal conversion of COFF file to ELF
> 2574024 + 511540 + 0 = 3085564

Interesting.  I wonder if the BSS size is a side-effect of the
conversion, or if they've simply eliminated uninitialized data
in the kernel...

> / $ file dgux
> dgux:           88Open BCS pure executable not stripped

That's not too unexpected.  However, it makes me wonder if the ROM
will boot an ELF kernel...

> 	Hopefully I'll get a chance to open up one or two of our systems
> and take inventory of what chipsets are in each model, and start to build
> a PROM version table.

That would be cool.  Send me any info you can gather.  I'd like to
expand on what little information that I've collected.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...