Subject: Re: AViiON 88k port.
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 05/04/2001 18:11:06
On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 04:45:04PM -0400, Chris Tribo wrote:
> 	I work at a school that has 6 DG AViiON boxes, from single and
> dual 88100's to quad 88110's. Their sysadmin has expressed an interest in
> getting something other than DG/UX running on them. At least one of them
> (I believe an AV400) is available for development, with the other five
> systems still in production(!) use.

Cool...  I have a couple of the 400-class systems here to work on.  I
need to find the spare time (or funding--yeah, right...), which is in
short supply at the moment.  I did finally get a copy of the m88k
supplement to the ELF standard, so I plan to start hacking on the
GNU tools sometime fairly soon.

I haven't heard anything about other m88k progress lately.

So, not much progress, and probably not worth posting anything soon.

I did almost pick up an 8500 on Ebay, but someone has more of a budget
than I do...

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...