Subject: Re: Is there a port available?
To: Mike Behrens <MBehrens@Telephia.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 04/24/2001 09:45:11
On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 06:15:13PM -0700, Mike Behrens wrote:
> I have an OLD Motorola UNIX box with 88100 processors.
> Is there a BSD port available for this box?

OpenBSD does have support for at least some of the mvme88k systems.
NetBSD does not currently have support for them, although there are
some developers with hardware and interest (although no _time_ at
the moment ;-).

One of the things that I'd like to see before a port is complete:
ELF support.  The OpenBSD port does not use the ELF object file
format (the GNU toolchain doesn't fully support ELF on the m88k,
and that's near the top of my list of things to work on for m88k
stuff).

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...