Subject: Re: Moto 88k processor
To: John Peek <jdpeek022@netzero.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 04/21/2001 23:58:04
On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 10:17:02PM -0500, John Peek wrote:
> I have a quad Moto 88100 unit that was retired from my office.

What, exactly, is it?  Is it a Motorola system?  If so, which one?
Is it the Omron Luna?  A Data General?  Something else?

> Is there a port of BSD that would support the multi-processor Moto 88100
> units.

Perhaps.  OpenBSD has a port to several of the Motorola MVME systems.
I'm not sure, off-hand, which ones are currently supported.
There's some work underway for NetBSD to support some m88k systems,
but its slow going since no one is interested in funding such
development and it's all hobby work for developers...

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...