Subject: Re: aviion 88k
To: None <port-m88k@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-m88k
Date: 01/13/2001 17:29:05
Hi,

I'm another NetBSD developer interested in m88k ports.

I've been involved from time to time with making m88k codes.  Recently
I made a new implemention of m88k pmap.c.  Snatched from i386 pmap
idea, it maintains process PTEs in linear array in kernel virtual
space with the same trick for 10+10+12 address decode.  The resulting
is much saner than m68k pmap.c.  The next peek to conqur is complete
trap() handlers.

The issue here is I'm unable to make m88k binary.  No toolchain is
prepared.  I have one LUNA-88k hardware which runs Mach 2.5.  I once
tried to build modern m88k toolchain and a number of key development
utilities like NetBSD make and config.  I had, however, a ton of
troubles and then abandoned to host development environment with it.
Alternatively, it's worth pursuing to use DG/UX Aviion which seems
better suited for hosting.  Establishing cross development environment
hosted by NetBSD would be a great boost of the porting process.

Tohru Nishimura