Subject: Yet another m88k architecture
To: None <port-m88k@netbsd.org>
From: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetilbt@thomassen.priv.no>
List: port-m88k
Date: 11/17/2000 16:36:20
I have seen that there are three architectures with m88k processors. There
is another one that is not mentioned there, and that is the Triton/88 from
Dolphin Server Technology. This was also sold by Norsk Data under the name
ND Uniline 88/17. This box was shipped with UNIX Sytem V/88 made by
Dolphin.

There is one at the Norwegian Institute of Technology managed by PVV, but
at present it is down due to hardware failure. For more information,
please see this URI:
http://www.pvv.org/info/maskinpark/flipper.html

I used to administrate this computer for a couple of years while I was
studing in Trondheim.

I don't know of any other Triton computers around, but putting it up there
along with the others may ring a bell for someone who may have heard about
one.

I am not very familiar with the underlying hardware, but PVV
(http://www.pvv.org/) will definitely be able to help you out, I think. At
least Tor Egge should be able to help you out, if he is willing.

As this is not a public list, I am obviously not on it, and I don't think
I will be of much help here.

Still, I think it is important that you have as much information as
possible.

TIA!

Kjetil B.
mailto:kjetil@thomassen.priv.no
http://www.thomassen.priv.no/
Running 3 platforms of NetBSD (arm32, sparc and i386, arm26 to come)