Subject: Re: 88100 Processor and the NCD 17 X Terminal
To: Eric & Sandee McMillen <mcmillen@sigecom.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 10/13/2000 07:29:39
On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 04:42:08AM -0500, Eric & Sandee McMillen wrote:
> I currently have 88k based X-Terminal with no software whatsoever.  Is there
> a distribution in the works for the 88k / where can it be found?  And, if
> such an animal exists, what work needs to be done on the port?

The NCD X-Terminals that I've seen use the 88100, but not the 88200.
The 88100 is a CPU and the 88200 is the MMU, so without the 88200, the
X-Terminal does not have any virtual memory capabilities.  NetBSD
pretty much requires VM capabilities to be present, so you probably
will never see NetBSD running on the NCD X-terminals.

-allen