Subject: Re: Anyone done a port yet
To: Mike Minter <sonofbam@swbell.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 07/01/2000 09:35:11
> Just got an AViion 550
> Can see now why no one else wanted it.

Why?  Because it's deskside and fairly slow?

> Any ports of Linux for this processor?

I haven't heard of any free OS port for the AViiON systems.  OpenBSD
is/has been running on the Motorola m88k boxes (MVME187 and friends),
but not on the AViiON, and the mvme88k platform is listed as "not
actively maintained" at http://www.openbsd.org/plat.html.  Linux.org
still doesn't list any m88k systems on the projects/ports.html page,
and it's too old, AFAIK, for FreeBSD to even consider it (I've only
heard them talking about x86, Alpha, Sparc, and PPC at one point or
another).

I have some AV4xx systems.  Would you be interested in giving me more
information about the 550 that you have?  If so, please contact me
privately...

Thanks,
-allen