Port-m68k archive

Re: increase MAXTSIZ for m68k in order to run GCC 5.4

Thank you for your quick response!

On 2016/11/16 8:08, Michael van Elst wrote:
atari and amiga already have larger limits. The maximum size depends
on the amount of available virtual address space. You may also want
to adjust MAXDSIZ and MAXSSIZ.

Yeah, I found later the exceptional cases of atari and amiga as well
as hp900. MAXDSIZ and MAXSSIZ also vary between ports. The minimum
values of MAXDSIZ = 64MB and MAXSSIZ = 32MB suffice (actually,
DFLDSIZE = 16MB and DFLSSIZE = 512KB are enough) at least for GCC.
I guess that GCC is one of the heaviest application, but of course,
there should be common consensus between users.

We may also try to persuade mhitch@ to finish and commit his work
on a new pmap implementation that supports the full 4GB of virtual
address space.

That sounds great! I look forward to hearing good news from him!

Rin